Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Vireo Rescue Story - by Michael Tiedemann

On October 1st, I found this little bird waiting for me as I got home from work. He was shivering and wouldn't fly away when I tried to coax him to. There were no visible signs of injury that I could see, so I sat with him for about an hour. Then decided to put him in a shoe box, brought him inside the warm house and called the wildlife people. They told me that it is the time of year when the Vireos (I didn't know what kind of bird he was) are migrating and sometimes they fly into windows and get concussions. After a 2 and a half hour wait, going outside every half hour to see if he will fly, my little friend pecked at me and flew away. THIS is why I'm VEGAN. 

Below are pictures of my new friend and the website to the Animal Kingdom USA Wildlife Rescue.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails