World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated on 1 November, by vegans around the world. The Day was established in 1994 by Louise Wallis, then President & Chair of The Vegan Society UK.
2011 marks the 67th anniversary of the term 'vegan' (and thus the verbally clarified concept of 'veganism' and of the Vegan Society).
There are many things you can do to help promote VEGANISM all throughout the year! A few things that I like to do are:
* Cook vegan meals for family and friends
* Bake vegan cookies for co-workers
* Take friends and family to sanctuaries for farmed animals
* Speak openly and honestly about why I'm vegan. And why it's the right thing to do by the animals
* Leave information flyers on message boards at the supermarket and other public settings
* Try new vegan restaurants and invite friends to come along to see what their missing
* Wear message gear (T-shirts, caps) that have a vegan message on them
These are just a few of the things I like to do to get the VEGAN word out there and try to inspire people to look deep inside themselves and make a change. For themselves and for the animals we share this world with. Follow the link to my personal message for World Vegan Day 2011. Thanks!